Church Alcove Gate
New Ironwork in Gothic Revival Style
Commenced in 1865 and dedicated in 1875, St. Dominic Church was designed by P.C Keely, architect of nearly 600 Roman Catholic churches and buildings, including every 19th C. Catholic cathedral in New England.
Little is known of any original interior ironwork - the church was gutted by fire in 1885. Mid 20th C. renovations enclosed the alcove with a planar oak veneer partition and door.
The new ironwork partition and gate was designed in Gothic Revival style by McCrery Architects and forged by master blacksmith Lee Badger in 2016.